West Lawn United Methodist Church is available for use and rental for programs/activities by church members, non-members, and Not for Profit Organizations (NPOs). The following guidelines have been developed to assure appropriate and consistent utilization. GUIDELINES
All persons applying for use of the facility must be at least 21 years of age.
WEST LAWN UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (WLUMC) DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND DOES NOT INSURE LEASEE’S PROPERTY. THE LEASEE ASSUMES ALL RISK OF LOSS OR DAMAGE TO LEASEE’S PROPERTY, AS WELL AS ANY PROPERTY ON CONSIGNMENT OR ENTRUSTED TO LEASEE, ARISING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITH OUR LIMITATION, DAMAGE OR LOSS BY THEFT.
All lessee organizations/businesses must provide a certificate of insurance in an amount of not less than $500,000.00 naming West Lawn United Methodist Church as an additional insured under the applicant’s policy. Notice of cancellation of the above described insurance policy shall be given to the West Lawn United Methodist Church as provided by law. These insurance certificates shall be in the possession of the West Lawn United Methodist Church office no later than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the event. Failure to comply with this rule may result in denial of use of the facility. The applicant also agrees to hold the West Lawn United Methodist Church harmless from any damage to the facilities or equipment and shall pay for all cost attendant to restoration of the facility or equipment to its condition prior to the time of use.Arrangements
Safe Sanctuary Requirements
- All arrangements for use of the building are to be made with the church office (610-678-5611).
- Reservations are not final until a signed copy of this document and payment in full are received by the WLUMC church office and a date is confirmed on the WLUMC Calendar of Events.
- NPOs must submit a proof of their NPO status to the church office.
- Checks should be made payable to West Lawn United Methodist Church and, in the memo section, please note the date of your event.
- Renters, Lessee Organizations/NPO’s – Anyone who requests to rent our facilities during times when children, youth, or vulnerable adults are on the premises or those who would be working directly with children, youth, or vulnerable adults must comply to the WLUMC Safe Sanctuary Policy as outlined in the West Lawn United Methodist Church SAFE SANCTUARIES POLICY – For the Protection of Our Children, Youth, Vulnerable Adults and Ministry Partners dated March 23, 2023.
- WLUMC reserves the right to remove anyone who is deemed by its representatives to be conducting him or herself in a disorderly manner.
Activities, Equipment and Decor
Use of Kitchen
- Insurance Letter is required for all caterers and large outside businesses.
- Church tables and chairs will be used in lieu of bringing furniture in and out of the building.
- Outside groups must supply their own linens.
- Decorations will not be affixed to walls, doors, wainscoting, ceilings, light fixtures, carpeting or other finished surfaces of the rooms.
- Only dripless candles may be used and only on tables.
- The sound systems may be used only with prior clearance and with skilled supervision by a member of the church or staff person.
The following are STRICTLY PROHIBITED
- If the kitchen is used, it must be left in good, orderly condition. Wipe down all counters and sink areas.
- Bag ALL garbage and debris in bags provided by WLUMC and remove all garbage, bottles, etc. from the building. Place ALL garbage in the trash dumpster. Place all recyclable materials in the Recycling dumpster.
- ALL dishes, utensils used are to be cleaned, dried, and returned to their proper places. DO NOT leave anything in the dishwasher or on the counters.
- If church fine china dishes, silverware, glassware, and/or pots and pans are needed for the event, please arrange with the church office for use and rental costs.
- Cooking and refrigeration facilities are not always available.
- Lessees may not use outside grills.
- If the floor needs to be mopped, please contact the office.
- Alcoholic beverages on church property.
- Smoking in church buildings.
- Throwing of rice, birdseed, confetti, flower petals, or other substances.
- Sparklers or other fireworks.
- Bands or music outside the buildings, by non-church members.
- Cookout fires.
- Glitter on any surface.
- Bringing in furniture.
- Parking on the grass.
- Food or drinks in the Sanctuary.
- Construction of temporary or permanent fixtures of any type.
- for the Sanctuary is approximately 372 persons
- for the Community Center Hall, for a reception or seated dinner, is 250 persons; and for seated rows (theater arrangement) is 375 persons
- for the He Brews Café is 40 persons.
- for any Classroom is dependent on the size of the classroom
Rental of any part of the facility does not guarantee parking.
WLUMC reserves the right to change, modify, or waive these rules or fees at any time.I have read and will be responsible for ensuring that these rules are followed, and will be responsible for any damages to WLUMC property that may occur during this event.
Reservations are not final until a signed copy of this document and payment in full are received by the WLUMC Office and a date is confirmed on the WLUMC Calendar of Events.